Provincial Government Palace - Bruges


The enormous Provincial Palace was built between 1887 and 1921, on the site of part of the former central market halls of Bruges, and occupies the eastern side of the Markt (marketplace), or the ‘Grand’ place’. The building is neo-gothic, a surprising choice for a period when, despite a surge in popularity on the other side of the Atlantic, this style was starting to go out of fashion in Europe. The palace’s monumental facade is one of several architectural masterpieces from the turn of the 20th century that were inspired by the exuberant architecture of the late Middle Ages.


Address : Markt 3 8000 Bruges Belgium

Bus : All lines except 23, bus stop Markt

Phone : +32 50 44 87 11

Fax : +32 50 44 87 78

Web : http://www.brugge.be

Email : musea@brugge.be

Map :

Related places :