Mirabell Gardens - Salzburg


The famous Mirabell Gardens were designed around 1690 under Prince-Archbishop Johann Ernst Graf von Thun to plans by Johann Bernhard Fischer von Erlach and completely remodeled around 1730 by Franz Anton Danreiter. The Pegasus Fountain, a work by Kaspar Gras from Innsbruck, was installed in 1913. The four groups of statues around the fountain were sculpted by Ottavio Mosto (1690) and symbolize the 4 elements: fire, air, earth and water. The Mirabell Gardens were opened to the public by Emperor Franz Joseph in 1854. Today they are a horticultural masterpiece and popular backdrop for photographers. The Dwarf Garden features a number of misshapen creatures made of white Untersberg marble and dates back to the time of Archbishop Franz Anton Harrach.

Opening

Open all year round, daily approx. 6 am until dusk. Dwarves garden and Hedge Theatre closed during winter months. Orangerie: open all year round, daily 9 am-4 pm

Prices

Free


Address : Mirabellplatz 5020 Salzburg Austria

Bus : Bus lines 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, stop: Mirabellplatz

Phone : +43 66280722334

Fax : +43 66280722929

Map :

Related places :