Greek Church - Vienna


In the 17th century, the Fleischmarkt was occupied mainly by Greek, Turkish and Syrian merchants. They were all Christians, but they had to wait until the 18th century to see the Greek Church built. It was built in 1858 by Theophil Hansen, one of the influential architects involved with the organization of the Ringstraße. Today, the church remains the Greek Orthodox Parish Church of Vienna.


Address : Fleischmarkt 13 1010 Vienna Austria

Subway : Station Schwedenplatz : Metro U1, U4

Phone : +43 15333889

Web : http://www.griechische-botschaft.at

Map :

Related places :