Carmelite Bridge - Bruges


The Carmelites arrived in Bruges in 1265, where they established a convent in the parish of the Holy Cross. In 1270, the people of Bruges embarked on work to strengthen the fortifications of the town, which stretched from the Beguine Convent to the Carmelite (then known as Raimond Blanckaert) Bridge. The stone bridge features three arches, and is a great spot from which to admire Saint Walburg’s Church.


Address : Carmersbrug 8000 Bruges Belgium

Map :

Related places :