Temple of Antoninus and Faustina - Rome


Only the antique columns and architrave remain of the Temple of Antonius and Faustina. Consecrated in 141 AD to Faustina, late wife of Emperor Antonius Pius (and after his death to them both), it became a Christian church possibly as early as the 7th century. Interestingly, the Pagan dedication to Antonius and Faustina has remain – something extremely rare for a Christian building. In 1536, San Lorenzo in Miranda was partially deconstructed in order for the temple to be rebuilt, although this was reversed at the beginning of the 17th century. Excavations of the temple started in 1801.

Opening

Open daily from 9 am - 6 pm (or 1 hour before sunsand). Guided tour possible- reserve by telephone.

Prices

Open access


Address : Via di Miranda 186 Rome Italy

Subway : Metro B : Colosseo

Bus : Bus : C3, H, 30, 44, 60, 63, 75, 81, 85, 87, 95, 117, 130, 160, 170, 175, 186, 271, 571, 628, 630, 715, 716, 780, 781, 810, 850. Tram 8 : Arenula

Phone : +39 0639967700

Fax : +39 0639750950

Map :

Related places :