San Domenico Church and Convent - Fiesole


San Domenico Church was founded in 1406 by Giovanni Dominici and Jacopo Altoviti, the Bishop of Fiesole. It was Tuscany’s second Dominican convent, following the establishment of Florence’s Convento di San Marco. The building was also a training centre for young monks. A certain Fra Angelico once spent time here as a young priest, and left a depiction of the Madonna painted on wood, as well as a fresco representing the Crucifixion.

Opening

April- September: 7.30am- 12.30pm and 4.30pm- 6.30pm / October - March : 8.30am- 12pm and 4pm- 5pm

Prices

Free entry


Address : Piazza San Domenico, 4 50016 Fiesole Italy

Bus : Line 7 : Bus stop SAN DOMENICO 02

Phone : +39 55 594 93

Fax : +39 55 597 9188

Web : http://sandomenicodifiesole.op.org

Email : biblio.sandomenico@libero.it

Map :

Related places :