Church of Trinità dei Monti - Rome


Chiesa della Trinità dei Monti, like San Luigi dei Francesi, is a French church whose upkeep is ensured by the French state and whose rector is a French priest. It was commissioned by Charles VIII at the very end of the 15th century and its construction lasted the best part of a century until 1585. The complex includes a church and convent situated on Mont Pincio overlooking the famous Spanish Steps of the Trinità dei Monti above Piazza di Spagna and offers a fabulous view over the Eternal City. The famous façade of the church with its two symmetrical bell towers was the work of Carlo Maderno. The interior combines Gothic arches with a Classicalal Renaissance decor. It is home to various works by Cesare Nebbia including The Crucifixion over the main altar as well as works by the pupil of Michelangelo, Daniele da Volterra. His lovely sculpture of The Deposition and the frescos in the dome are of particular interest.


Address : Piazza della Trinità dei Monti 187 Rome Italy

Subway : Station: Spagna-Station: Barberini: train A.

Map :

Related places :