The best museums in Berlin


Berlin

Germany, with its past full of glory, closes a large collection of artists and art what rewrite history. Many are the German cities to visit their museums including Berlin.

Known as the Athens of the North's name, Berlin has undergone so much trouble during the World War and the Cold War. But after reunification, museums were established to capture its rich history. Among these museums you:

The Museum of Early Christian and Byzantine art: architecturally designed by Ernst von Ihne in 1904, this museum was made after 7 years of study on the tip of the Museum Island. Considered himself as an architectural masterpiece due to the small space in which the architect has designed this building with three wings. Being conservative in time, Wilhelm von Bode designed the lighting and proportions of the exhibition halls that will host a very important collection of great artists masters of classical sculptures and Byzantine art. Like all buildings in Berlin and around the world, the museum suffered multiple injuries particularly at the dome. It was renamed Bode Museum and its restoration was started in 1950. With all the stages that happened this museum, it is in itself a historical masterpiece that is worth seeing.

Pergamon Museum : containing a large collection of antiques, the museum has been enriched continuously until 1830 year in which was made available to the public. Wanting to as collections of French and English powers, the German Empire in 1871 began archaeological excavations. Based on these, fragments of large monuments were brought back to Berlin. The Pergamon Museum welcomed with open arms these fragments restored especially for the exhibition. An important story to see

Alte nationatgalerie: this gallery was built under the leadership of the parliament of Frankfurt in 1848. The Patriots artists movement forced the government of the day to establish a dedicated National Museum to contemporary German art. Arrested for funding problems, this project was not finished until ten years later with a donation of Joachim Wagener. This gallery consists of three floors containing an extraordinary collection of masterpieces of European painting of the nineteenth and early twentieth century. Some tables have been completely eradicated by the Nazis saw that Jewish merchants had contributed to their acquisition.